Thursday, June 16, 2005

Going on 1/4 dham yatra

The trip to Chakrata did not materialise as one of my colleague had to go on tour. But another opportunity had beckoned -- a visit to Badrinath, one of the four dhams of the famous char dham yatra. Located at 3113 meters, roughly of the same height as that of Tawang, this will be quite an experience. On the way we will travel through other piligrimage centres like Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Larnaprayag, etc. Rudraprayag is of special interests to me as I will like to see the statue of Jim Corbett there about which I had read in my school days.
Sitting back last night I tried to recall places I have visited in the past but have forgotten the deatils. Some of such unforgettable places are Diu, Sinhagad fort in Pune, Manali and Rohtang Pass, Mahabalipuram, Mysore, and of course, the God's own country Kerala. Kerala was an exceptional vacation, the best I had till now. If you want to spend on a vacation, spend on a trip to Kerala. I will be writing or puting up photos of these places whenever I get time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While posted at Dehradun, you should also visit Kumaon Region. Places like Ranikhet, Kausani, Duarahat,Pittoragarh besides of course nainital are also very exotic places. I have travelled a lot in both Garhwal and Kumaon region. The place is really beautiful and exotic.

travelkida said...

Char Dham Yatra Packages Hey loved reading your blog, must say that I can fully relate. Was checking out such genres to start up my own.Thankyou. Char Dham Yatra 4 Dham Yatra