Monday, January 29, 2007

I was in Jaipur this weekend

An extended weekend was enticing enough for my colleague Chandan to plan a drive to Jaipur alongwith his parents. He asked whether I would like to go. I had no plan to travel even in next 20 days. I wanted to put the money in buying a DSLR. On the eve of 25th Jan, around 7 pm, I discussed about it with my better half. A decision was taken. I was driving at 100kmph on the Delhi-Jaipur highway by 10 next morning. Some journeys are taken totally unplanned.

Even though it is only end January, Jaipur was quite warm. We had stayed there for two nights and had comfortably covered almost all must see monuments. Honestly speaking, it is not a nice tourist place. Because of the extended weekend, there were large number of tourists, mostly from Delhi and around. We were lucky to arrive early and get hotel at very cheap rates of just Rs.350/-. By 5pm of that day, the same rooms were gone for 500+.

My experiences, advices, etc. are under compilation. So please do come back in a couple of days if you want to know my first hand experiemces.

No comments: